Which is better Tubliss or Mousse bibs?
For a long time the Dirtbike industry only had 2 options. Tubes or Mousse bibs.
The average Joe dirtbike enduro rider would have to settle for Heavy Duty Tubes because Mousse bibs are expensive, heavy, and suck to install.
Heavy Duty Tubes was the cheapest and best bet for avoiding pinched flats
Honestly Heavy Duty Tubes (link this)are still your cheapest option to avoid pinched flats but its doesn’t eliminate them.
So, why would you choose Mousse bibs over Tubliss?
Pros of Mousse Bibs
- No pinched flats ever
- No flats ever
- More traction vs a standard tube and maybe a little over Tubliss
- You can destroy your rim and the bib keeps the bead on the tire
- Can take some MAJOR abuse
- Don’t ever have to check air pressure
- Softens blow of hits on objects like rocks or trees
- Don’t have to carry extra gear like pump, or plugs
Cons of Mouse Bibs
- Hard to install
- Have a break in period. (Tubliss might have fixed this – check this out)
- Harder to install
- Break down and need to be replaced
- have a “dead feel”
- Stuck at 10-13 PSI
- Need to make sure you are consistently adding lubrication
Tubliss over Mousse Bibs
Pros of Tubliss
- No pinched flats
- Flat tires are easy to fix with a plug
- install in’t that hard
- Lasts longer than Mousse
- Change the PSI of the tire
- Cheaper than Mousse Bibs
Cons of Tubliss vs Mousse Bib
- Not completely bullet proof
- HAVE to check the air pressure every ride for the inner bladder pressure
- Only comes in 18″, 19″, and 21″ sizes
- Have to carry plugs and a pump
- You can’t completely destroy the rim and expect it to still work
If you are racing every weekend and its critical that you have a bullet proof system then go with Mouse bibs.
If you are a hardcore weekend warrior that loves to abuse the tires then Tubliss will work great for you.
A pro racer really is the only that “needs” Mousse bibs as their lively hood depends on finishing races.
You only have a couple of choices when it come to Mousse bibs
Michelin Bib Mousse ==> Click here to check it out
Goldentyre G-Mousse X or the Goldentyre G- Mousse ==> check it out