I have always wanted to try out the GoldenTyre FATTY GT216AA 90/100 – 21 Front dirt bike tire with Tubliss 2.0.
This is my first thoughts on the Goldentyre Fatty GT216AA tire.
Stay tuned as I continue to get more miles on this tire setup.
I picked one up to replace the front tire I had which was chunking pretty bad.
Typically I like to change the front tire with the rear tire when the rear tire wears out.
However, this time around the front tire had been through 2 rear tire changes.
IT WAS HAMMERED. There were a couple of knobbies missing.
WHY did I go the the GT216AA FATTY tire?
I wanted to see how a bigger tire in the front would effect the handling and also see if it was better when slamming rocks and square edges.
GoldenTyre claims that this front tire is for when you need maximum grip and want great bump compliance and durability.
The GT216AA Fatty has a unique V shaped tread pattern that is flexible and provides great traction.
Goldentyre GT216 AA Fatty Specs
- The “Fatty” 90/100-21 tire specifically designed and tested by the best extreme enduro racers in the world
- Oversized profile creates a larger rolling diameter to overcome logs, rocks, ledges and other challenging terrain
- Increased footprint and tall, flexible sidewall allow for maximum traction in uneven terrain commonly found in off-road racing
- Directional tread design allows for improved cornering and braking grip
- High volume front tire allows for a wide range of tire pressure settings to suit any conditions
- DOT and F.I.M. approved
How does the GT216AA Fatty perform?
I only have one ride on the tire and it was mostly fire roads but it felt good at high speeds and in tires.
It also felt more plush when I would smack a rock.
I run the NUETech Tubliss system on all my bikes.
I am running a Kenda IBEX 120 in the rear.
Installing the GT216AA Fatty was a little easier than a normal sized front tire.
I am guessing it because its a larger tire which makes it easier to install even with Tubliss.
This trip like I mentioned above wasn’t really any technical single track or anything like that.
However, there was a lot of mud and water as we got caught in a major thunder storm and the road turned into a river.
I will continue to provide updates on this tire as I continue to put hours on it in different terrain and conditions.
Article by: Sam Oldham