Shinko 525 HYBRID CHEATER with Tubliss
So, I have had the chance to spend a couple of hours on a 2003 Honda CR250R that has the Shinko 525 Hybrid Cheater tire with Tubliss installed.
This is a REALLY good combo….
It does really well in pretty much everything I threw at it….and I think its up to the task to compete with the Kenda IBEX.
Scroll to the bottom to see the specs on the Shinko 525 Cheater tire.
Tires can make or break a riding trip. The VERY best modification you can do to your bike is new tires with the Tubliss system.
Traction is the key with dirt bikes and you need to make sure you keep your tires fresh.
The combo of a sticky hybrid tire and Tubliss = MAGIC.
You still have the knobbies of a motocross style tire, plus a stiffer sidewall but you get the gummy trials tire compound for the knobbies.
This allows you to grip hard surfaces WAY better then a standard tire. In fact dirtbike tire companies are hurrying to release their version of these Hybrid tires….they are that good.
Now. The Shinko 525 is the new and improved version of the old Shinko 505 and in my opinion is much better…
The Knobbies…..They offer good hook up in the really loose/sandy conditions as well. The 505 just lacked a little in that area. This was where the IBEX was better then the 505….
The IBEX and 525 are pretty much even to me. I would get either of them.
I will continue to add to this post as I learn more about Shinko 525 vs Kenda IBEX
So, it really comes down to the price:
- Perfect for Soft/Intermediate terrain
- Best of both worlds, soft sticky rubber compounds like the Trail Pro trails tire in a knobby tread pattern to work in a wide variety of soil conditions
- Where a Trials tire falls short in braking and loose soil conditions, the 525 “Cheater” bridges that gap to make it the Ultimate Hybrid off-road tire
- Wide self-cleaning tread design
- Available in popular 18″ and 19″ sizes
- 4 ply